Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lies

How does the mind work exactly?
Is it in the conscience that our thoughts lie?
Is it what we choose to think,
Can we lie to the point where we believe our own lies?
Does guilt make this action possible?
Or is it denial, shame?
How do you keep yourself in the know?
How do you keep yourself so confident with the truth,
When everyone else  believes a lie?
And your alone in the dark...
If the truth will set you free...then how long can you keep chained down...
Till you have to come back up for air?
What is the answer to this question...
Am I delusional?
Do I even make sense at all?
Or do all our thoughts run differently?
Am I the only one that has stayed awake at night thinking of these things...
So all in all, if you really need everyone around you to believe your lie..
does it mean lying to yourself, to make it more believable?
Throw out the truth and make it never to be found again?
I still wonder...
But am sure of my thoughts, for they are my own, and to myself they are safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment