Tuesday, May 17, 2011

To My Grandmother: Rose

I was sitting in a field,
with what people call weeds.
I pulled one from the ground,
and couldn't help but weep.

I pulled these for you,
in what seems not long ago.
And when I handed it over,
your face couldn't help but glow,

It wasn't just one time...
it happened quiet a few,
cause i wanted to show you,
how much i loved you...
I tried to do my best,
to make you very proud,
so you could look down on me,
with much less then a frown.


I use to look for roses,since it was your name...
but when someone was looking,
I ran away with shame...
I saw you as the big tree,
that use to bring me shade,
and on those stormy wet days,
you were that dry safe place...
I saw you as my hero..you always where so strong,
I know I get that from you,no way I could be wrong.

I look up in the sky now,in that field of weeds,
and pray to God above,that you can her my pleas.
Ill blow just one more out now,
and I will make a wish,
that I see you in heaven,
and will no longer miss.

To my Grandma Rose Casiello
I miss you more and more everyday.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment